Thank you for choosing to become a Patron. By doing so, you support Omnopolis and become part of the Omnopolis community. (Learn more about to become a patron)
Registration is easy. Choose a username (the choosing of an avatar name follows in the next step), enter the email adress you use for Patreon and choose a password.
Registrations are approved by the admin. You will then immediately receive an email when your registration is approved.
After your first login you will be on your profile page.
- You must choose a first name and a last name for your avatar. With this name you will be visible to other users in the virtual world. The name doesn't have to be your real name, but remember that once you choose your name, you can't change it.
- Choose your initial appearance. You will be able to modify and customize it as you wish in the virtual world.
The viewer is the equivalent of your web browser for 3D worlds. You can use any OpenSimulator compatible viewer to access Omnopolis. We recommend
Make sure you download the “Opensim Only” version (not the “SL Only” version).
First add Omnopolis to your viewer:
- Go to the “Viewer” menu
1. Preferences (or type Ctrl-P)
2. Grid Manager tab
3. Section “Add a new grid”.
4. Connection URI
- Click on “Apply” and then “OK”.
When the Omnopolis is added, you will be able to log in:
- Make sure that the grid selected in the “Grid” menu is Omnopolis.
- Enter your avatar’s first and last name in the “Username” box and your password in the “Password” box.
- Click on “Connection”.